Passion Fruit is known as Liliko'i in Hawaiian.
Liliko’i Bars / Passion Fruit Bars
(Adapted from Dana Zia)
All purpose flour - 1cup
Powdered sugar - 1/3 cups
Butter ` 1/3 cups
Sugar - 1 cup
All Purpose flour – 3 tbsp
Baking powder – 3/4 tsp
Liliko’i puree or Passion fruit puree - 1/3 cup
Powdered sugar for dusting
- Preheat the oven to 350F (180C).
- To prepare the crust, whisk the flour and powdered sugar together in a medium bowl.
- Cut the butter into the flour mixture and mix with your finger tips until mixture resembles fine crumbs.
- Pat the crust mixture into a 6.5 x 4.5 inch baking pan, making sure to press the crust up the sides of the pan at least halfway.
- Pop it into the oven to bake for 15 minutes, or until the edges just barely start to brown.
- While the crust is baking, whisk the 2 eggs nicely.
- Then whisk in the sugar, 1/2 cup at a time.
- Mix well, add the flour and baking powder by sprinkling it over the egg mixture while whisking.
- Finally mix in the liliko’i/ passion fruit puree and mixing well.
- Pour this luminous filling into the crust and bake for an additional 30-35 minutes till the top is golden brown and when you touch the center it is firm.
- Allow it to cool completely then set in the fridge for a couple of hours to firm up.
- Cut into 1 inch squares or so, and dust with powdered sugar.
Also to Champa's Bake-off event.
Did You Enjoy this Recipe?
Enter your email ID below to get
more such recipes in your inbox