- Wash and soak apricots in hot water for 20 minutes.
- Deseed the apricots and crack open the kernels using a nut cracker and soak the nuts in a cup of water to loosen their skin. (If using pitted apricots, completely omit this process and proceed to next step).
- Pressure cook the apricot with the soaking liquid to make them soft and tender.
- Once the apricots are cool blend to a smooth puree and strain.
- Add sugar to the pureed apricots and cook stirring continuously till you get a thick paste (jam consistency).
- Garnish with the peeled apricot nuts or blanched almonds.
- Served chilled with whipped cream or custard or with a dollop of vanilla ice cream.
Did You Enjoy this Recipe?
Enter your email ID below to get
more such recipes in your inbox