1- Tomato Soufflé
2- Eggless Instant Chocolate Mousse (this I made a couple of months back and have already posted it here).
3- Chocolate Mousse (with eggs)
I wanted to try this soufflé after I saw the recipe at Maria’s place… somehow I couldn’t meet the posting date but I didn’t want to miss this challenge … so I made it today and we loved it…better late than never right? ;) … So here I am with Tomato Soufflé….
(Recipe source : Australian Woman's Weekely via Maria's Menu)
Fresh Bread crumbs – 1/2 cup, firmly packed
- Grease 4 souffle dishes (1/2 cup capacity), sprinkle with breadcrumbs.
- Melt butter in small saucepan, add finely chopped onion. Stir over low heat for 2 mins ( or MW on HIGH for about 2 mins).
- Cook until onion is soft, it doesn’t have to become brown.
- Stir in flour and stir over medium heat for a minute. (or MW on HIGH for a min).
- Remove from heat, gradually stir in milk, bring back to heat and stir over high heat until mixture boils & thickens & reaches a thick sauce like consistency. (or MW on HIGH for about 3 mins).
- Transfer to large bowl, stir in tomato paste & basil leaves, corriander leaves, pepper powder, hot cholly sauce and sugar.
- Cover the dish & let it stand for 5 mins.
- Beat egg whites in a small bowl until soft peaks from.
- Add egg yolks to the onion & milk mixture & mix well.
- Fold the egg whites into the mixture in 2 batches.
- Pour the mixture evenly into the prepared dishes.
- Sprinkle the grated cheese on top.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 20- 25 mins or until lightly browned.
- Serves 4.
Refer Maria's Menu for the original recipe.
Healthier version: use brown bread crumbs & low fat milk. Also use yolks of only 2 eggs & white of 3 eggs. Use only lesser qty of butter,
Notes: The above qty serves 2 adults served with garlic bread or soup and Salad. You can use any oven safe dish to prepare this. The original recipe calls for no spices, but you can add crushed pepper while cooking onion, if you wish.
Substitute for tomato paste: http://chowhound.chow.com/topics/312148
Did You Enjoy this Recipe?
Enter your email ID below to get
more such recipes in your inbox