This is a delicious Pork curry that goes very well with Sanna, Palappam, Vellaappam, Indian flat breads or Indian spiced rice… It’s similar to the famous Pork Vindaloo….and in our view it tastes better…
Onion-2 medium, sliced
Tomatoes -2, medium, chopped
Curry leaves- few
Grind to a fine paste:
Garlic- 1 whole pod (15-20 small cloves)
Ginger- 2” piece
Tamarind- 1 small ball of lime size
Black pepper powder- 1 ½ tsp
Turmeric powder- ¾ tsp
Cumin seeds / jeerakom – 1 tsp
Cloves / grambu- 5 nos
Cinnamon sticks - 3 x1” stick
Mustard seeds – 1 tsp
Green chillies – 3 nos
Shallots / chumannulli – 4 nos
Dry red chillies / Chumanna mulaku- 25 nos
- Cut pork in to 1” piece cubes and clean and keep aside.
- Grind all the ingredients under ‘grind to a paste’ together and keep aside.
- Heat oil in a pressure cooker and sauté sliced onions.
- Add ground paste and sauté well till oil separates and add tomato pieces and sauté well.
- Into this add cleaned pork, salt to taste and curry leaves and mix well.
- Add 1 to 1 ½ cups of boiling water, mix well, close the lid and cook under pressure for 30 minutes or 2 to 3 whistles.
- Once the pressure drops, open the cooker and boil the curry until oil separates and the gravy becomes thick.
- Serve with sannas, palappam, vellaappam, bread rolls or Indian flat breads or spiced basmathi rice.
Did You Enjoy this Recipe?
Enter your email ID below to get
more such recipes in your inbox