Another cookie I made during Christmas season..... This is the first cookie I baked while I was a kid and you can ask your kids to make this on their own and they will be very happy with the experiment .... You can bake these cookies in a microwave oven too ....
All purpose flour / Maida – 2 cups
Butter / Vegetable shortening – 1 cup
Salt – a small pinch
Sugar – 1 cup
- Powder together sugar and cardamom well in a mixer.
- Beat butter well and add powdered sugar and salt.
- Add all purpose flour and knead well and make smooth dough. Do not add any water.
- Divide the dough into small balls.
- Place the dough balls on an ungreased cookie sheet about inch apart.
- Bake the cookies in a pre heated oven at 180 degree C for about 15 minutes or until cookies are lightly golden brown. They are done when a tooth pick inserted comes out clean firm and the edges are just beginning to brown.
- Remove the cookies from the oven and cool on the baking sheet for about 1 minute, then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
Did You Enjoy this Recipe?
Enter your email ID below to get
more such recipes in your inbox