- Sift the flour and salt together into a bowl and stir in the garlic, ground coriander and yeast. Make a well in the center and pour in the honey, water, yogurt and oil. Stir well with a wooden spoon until the dough begins to come together, and then knead with your hands until it leaves the sides of the bowl. Turn out on to a lightly floured surface and knead well for about 10 minutes, until smooth and elastic.
- Brush a bowl with oil. Shape the dough into a ball, put it in the bowl and cover with a damp tea towel. Leave to rise in a warm place for about 1-2 hours, until the dough has doubled in volume.
- Turn out the dough onto a lightly floured surface and knock back with your fist. Divide the dough into 6-8 equal sized balls. Cover the balls with a cling film for 5-10 minutes.
- Roll out each balls into a teardrop shape.
- Heat grilling tawa / skillet and cook both sides of Naan on a medium heat. Sprinkle with coriander leaves and onion seeds; brush with butter / ghee / oil and serve with your favorite side dish.
Sending this to Susan for YeastSpotting
Did You Enjoy this Recipe?
Enter your email ID below to get
more such recipes in your inbox