Back home Amma used to make a variety of squashes with the seasonal fruits available like Grape, Mango, Orange, Lime, Passion fruit etc. Here in Kuwait as fruit juices are easily available, I never bothered to make squash at home until recently as my son drinks a lot of juice.... Now I started making it at home so that I can at least avoid giving him packet juice which contains lot of preservatives....also he is such a picky eater who refuses to eat any veggies so the only way to include some veggie in his diet is through juice :D...he loves to drink this juice as his mouth and lips become red after drinking this :D.. This juice tastes like Grape juice and is healthy too.....
Beetroot – 1kg
Water – 6 cups
Sugar – 1 ¾ kg
Water- 4 cups
Tonovin essence – 1 tbsp
Citric Acid – 1 tbsp
Lime juice from 6 limes
- Grate beetroot and boil in 6 cups of water and keep this aside.
- Boil sugar and 4 cups of water till the sugar melts. Keep this also aside. Keep these two to cool very well.
- Strain beetroot and sugar water. Mix these two together and add tonovin essence, citric acid and strained lime juice.
- Pour squash into sterilized bottles and store refrigerated, This squash can be stored refrigerated up to 6 months.
- To serve, fill 1/3 of serving glass with the beetroot squash and remaining by water. Mix up well and serve chill topped with ice cubes.
Did You Enjoy this Recipe?
Enter your email ID below to get
more such recipes in your inbox