"Wine is a living liquid containing no preservatives. Its life cycle comprises youth, maturity, old age, and death. When not treated with reasonable respect it will sicken and die."
- Julia Child
Recently when I found good dark colored beetroot I bought some to make wine and squash . Mom used to make this wine very often; it’s very easy, does not require daily stirring and will be ready to drink in 14 days J…. If you have not tasted beetroot wine
believe me it’s very tasty and resembles grape
wine in color and taste…. Try to get dark colored beetroot for this wine…. Immediately after making, the wine will be
very dark in color and will become clear and transparent with aging…
Wish you all a Very Happy Easter!!!
Beetroot Wine Recipe
(Recipe Source- My Mom)
Preparation time – 20 mints
Cooking time – 25 mints
Ready to use – in 14 days
Beetroot – 2 ½ Kg, grated
Sugar - 2 Kg
Water -5 liter
Yeast - 1 teaspoon
Lime juice- from 4 limes
- Wash beetroot, peel off the skin and grate using a grater or food processer.
- In a big vessel add grated beetroot along with water and boil.
- Reduce the heat to medium and boil for 10-15 mints.
- Turn off the heat and let it to cool to lukewarm.
- Strain the boiled beetroot water using a strainer or cheese cloth into a bharani (earthen pot) or glass bottle and discard the grated beetroot.
- In a small bowl take ½ cup lukewarm water, sprinkle yeast and 1 tsp sugar, mix and leave to rise.
- Add the yeast mixture, sugar and lime juice to the strained lukewarm beetroot water in the bottle and mix well until the sugar dissolves.
- Once the mixture is cooled completely close the bottle with the lid and keep aside for 14 days untouched.
- After that strain the mixture again; bottle and use.
Did You Enjoy this Recipe?
Enter your email ID below to get
more such recipes in your inbox