How about making a quick and easy, moist and crumbly and tasty chocolate cake, that requires only one bowl to mix everything and is eggless too??? Not impressed by my description ;) ;)... Believe me it’s as easy to make as spinning a magic wand and you will get the awesome cake in front of you without much effort.... Once you have baked & cooled the cake you can frost it with chocolate ganache by pouring it on top of the cake in the pan.....this cake is not very sweet, if you are not frosting it, it is excellent with a scoop of ice cream or whipped cream.... Get ready and bake this cake as soon as possible....
One Bowl Eggless Chocolate Cake Recipe
Recipe from Joy of Baking
Preparation time ~ 10 mints
Baking time ~ 30 to 40 mints
1 ½ cups (195 grams) all purpose flour
1 cup (200 grams) granulated white sugar
¼ cup (25 grams) unsweetened cocoa, sifted
1 teaspoon baking powder
¾ teaspoon baking soda
¼ teaspoon salt
1/3 cup (75 grams) unsalted butter, melted
1 cup (240 ml) warm water
1 tablespoon lemon juice (or vinegar)
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
6 ounces (170 grams) semi-sweet chocolate, chopped
¾ cup (180 ml) heavy cream
1 tablespoon unsalted butter, room temperature
- Chocolate Cake: Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (177 degrees C) and place rack in center of oven.
- In a bowl or in your cake pan, stir together the flour, sugar, sifted cocoa powder, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- Add the melted butter, water, lemon juice, and vanilla extract. With a fork, mix all the ingredients together until well blended.
- Pour in to an 8” square pan and bake in preheated oven for about 30 minutes, or until the cake springs back when lightly pressed and a toothpick inserted in the center of the cake comes out clean. Remove from oven and place on a wire rack to cool.
- Frosting: Place the chopped chocolate, cream, and butter in a heatproof bowl. Place over a saucepan of simmering water and melt until smooth. Remove from heat and let stand at room temperature until it is of pouring consistency. Then pour the frosting over the cooled cake. Let stand until frosting has thickened.
Did You Enjoy this Recipe?
Enter your email ID below to get
more such recipes in your inbox