During a casual talk with my cousin cum neighbor Saira, she told me to try this pan roasted baby potatoes and gave me the recipe for the same.... These potatoes are a great choiceas a vegetarian appetizer along with other non-veg appetizers for cocktail parties..... This is a very basic recipe and you can add any spices according to your personal taste, eg. if you wish you can add coriander powder or cumin powder or garam masala.... Addition of fresh cream gives a unique and rich taste to the potatoes.... This goes well with Indian flatbreads or Pulav too.....
Pan Roasted Baby Potatoes
Preparation time ~ 35 mints
Cooking time ~ 30 mints
Baby Potatoes – 15-20
Salt – to taste
Ginger-Garlic paste – 1tsp
Kashmiri Red Chilly Powder – 2 tsp
Turmeric powder – ¼ tsp
Fresh Cream – ½ cup
Kasoori Methi / Fenugreek Leaves – 1 tbsp
Coriander leaves – ¼ cup, chopped
Lemon Juice – 1 tsp or to taste
Amchoor powder / Dry Mango powder – ½ tsp (optional)
Oil – 1 to 2 tbsp
- Wash and boil or microwave baby potatoes till they are three fourth cooked. Drain the potatoes, when cooled enough, peel and prick them with a fork.
- Marinate the potatoes with ginger-garlic paste, chilly powder, turmeric powder and salt and keep aside for ½ hour.
- Heat oil in a non-stick pan and roast the marinated potatoes on medium heat, stirring in between.
- When the potatoes starts light golden on all sides add cream in two batches and roast until all the cream is absorbed and the potatoes are golden and crispy all the sides. (Be careful not to break the potatoes while stirring).
- Now add kasoori methi, lemon juice and roast for 5 more mints and finally add coriander leaves and mix well.
- Transfer to a plate sprinkle amchoor powder and serve with ketchup or mint chutney or coriander chutney.
Did You Enjoy this Recipe?
Enter your email ID below to get
more such recipes in your inbox