This recipe was shared by Neethu, a friend of mine in Kuwait. You can make this in a spring form pan and cut it into wedges before serving or you can make it in individual dessert glasses. This time I made it using my small cake rings and it came out looking very pretty :).... For the first layer I baked the sponge cake in a jelly roll pan as I was planning to assemble it using small cake rings. Alternatively, you can bake it in a square or spring form pan.... For the cake base you are free to use store bought sponge cake, eggless cake or ready to make cake mix.... For cream cheese I used Kiri cream cheese but you can use any brand you prefer.... Substitute mango with fresh strawberry jelly and pulp and you will get a beautiful pink cheese cake.... Do try this easy Mango Cheese Cake this Valentine’s Day and let me know how you like it.....
Mango Cheese Cake Recipe
Sponge Cake Base:
1 cup all-purpose flour
1 tsp baking powder
1/8 tsp salt
¼ cup butter, at room temperature
1/3 cup granulated white sugar
½ tsp vanilla essence
¼ cup milk
½ tsp grated lemon zest
- Preheat oven to 350°F/180°C and place oven rack to middle position. Butter, or spray with a nonstick cooking spray, the bottom and sides of a jelly roll pan.
- In a bowl whisk together the flour, baking powder, and salt.
- In bowl of electric mixer, or with a hand mixer, beat the butter until soft. Add the sugar and beat until light and fluffy (about 2-3 minutes). Add egg and beat well. Scrape down the sides of the bowl. Add the vanilla extract and lemon zest and beat until combined. With the mixer on low speed, alternately add the flour mixture and milk, in three additions, beginning and ending with flour.
- Spread the batter into the prepared pan and smooth the top with an offset spatula. Bake in preheated oven for about 15 - 20 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center of the cake comes out clean.
- Cool the cake in its pan on a wire rack for 10 minutes. Then place a wire rack on top of the cake pan and invert, lifting off the pan. Once the cake has completely cooled cut out rounds to fit your cake rings.
Cheese Cake Filling:
Cream Cheese- 100 gms (I used Kiri Cream Cheese)
Dream Whip powder – 1 sachet
Thick cream – 250 ml (I used KDD thick cream)
Mango Jelly – 1 packet (80 gm)
- Mix mango jelly according to the package instructions and keep aside at room temperature.
- In a blender beat together cream cheese, dream whip powder, thick cream and mango jelly mixture until it is well combined. Pour this mixture evenly on top of the cake layer in the cake rings.
- Refrigerate until set.
Fresh or frozen Alphonso Mango Pulp – 1 cup (at room temperature)
Gelatin – 1 tsp
- Soak gelatin in mango pulp for 10 minutes. Microwave the soaked mango pulp- gelatin mixture for 30 seconds. Mix well until gelatin is dissolved.
- When the mixture becomes cold carefully spoon on top of the cream cheese mixture and refrigerate.
- Decorate with chocolate and mint leaves.
Did You Enjoy this Recipe?
Enter your email ID below to get
more such recipes in your inbox