- Preheat oven to 350°F/180°C and place oven rack to middle position. Butter, or spray with a nonstick cooking spray, the bottom and sides of a jelly roll pan.
- In a bowl whisk together the flour, baking powder, and salt.
- In bowl of electric mixer, or with a hand mixer, beat the butter until soft. Add the sugar and beat until light and fluffy (about 2-3 minutes). Add egg and beat well. Scrape down the sides of the bowl. Add the vanilla extract and lemon zest and beat until combined. With the mixer on low speed, alternately add the flour mixture and milk, in three additions, beginning and ending with flour.
- Spread the batter into the prepared pan and smooth the top with an offset spatula. Bake in preheated oven for about 15 - 20 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center of the cake comes out clean.
- Cool the cake in its pan on a wire rack for 10 minutes. Then place a wire rack on top of the cake pan and invert, lifting off the pan. Once the cake has completely cooled cut out rounds to fit your cake rings.
- Mix mango jelly according to the package instructions and keep aside at room temperature.
- In a blender beat together cream cheese, dream whip powder, thick cream and mango jelly mixture until it is well combined. Pour this mixture evenly on top of the cake layer in the cake rings.
- Refrigerate until set.
- Soak gelatin in mango pulp for 10 minutes. Microwave the soaked mango pulp- gelatin mixture for 30 seconds. Mix well until gelatin is dissolved.
- When the mixture becomes cold carefully spoon on top of the cream cheese mixture and refrigerate.
- Decorate with chocolate and mint leaves.
Did You Enjoy this Recipe?
Enter your email ID below to get
more such recipes in your inbox