- Clean chicken and cut in to medium sized pieces. (Since I use boneless chicken I cut chicken into bite size pieces).
- Crush cinnamon, cloves and cardamom and keep aside (Do not powder it).
- Grind garlic, fennel seeds, black pepper, red chilly powder and turmeric with vinegar to a smooth paste and keep aside.
- Heat a non-stick pan and sauté sliced onion, ginger and green chilly.
- When onion becomes light golden add ground masala and sauté well.
- In to this add crushed masala and mix well and add chicken pieces and salt to taste.
- Mix well and roast the chicken pieces in the masala until half cooked.
- Now add coconut milk and let it simmer in low heat until chicken pieces are fully cooked and gravy is thick.
- Sprinkle coriander leaves if using.
- Serve with Indian flat bread or pulav or with steamed rice.
Did You Enjoy this Recipe?
Enter your email ID below to get
more such recipes in your inbox