There are many different Pepper Chicken recipes; some are dry and some with little gravy…. Even I have a couple of different recipes … This recipe I got from my aunt and ever since I have been making this at least once a month… This goes very well with Indian pulavs and flat breads… Addition of coconut milk makes this curry very creamy…
My friend Bharathy of Spicy Chilly is hosting her first giveaway event along with CupoNatin… If you would like to participate in this giveaway and win exciting prizes check out her site and send in a spicy dish; I am sending this spicy Pepper Chicken Masala to her… I love shopping through Flipkart…
Pepper Chicken Masala
Chicken-1kg, cleaned and cut in to pieces
Ginger 2” pieced, chopped
Green chillies-3, cut into small rounds
Onion – 3, Sliced thin
Ground to a Smooth paste:
Garlic– 10 cloves
Fennel Seeds / Perum Jeerakam -1 tsp
Whole Black Pepper -1 tsp
Red chilly powder – ½ tsp
Turmeric Powder – 1 tsp
Vinegar – 1 tbsp
To be crushed in a pestle and mortar (do not powder):
Cinnamon Sticks / Karuvapatta- 2” piece
Cloves / Grambu – 4
Cardamon / Elakka – 3
Coconut milk – 1 cup
Coconut oil / Sunflower oil – 2 tbsp
Coriander leaves- ¼ cup, chopped (optional)
- Clean chicken and cut in to medium sized pieces. (Since I use boneless chicken I cut chicken into bite size pieces).
- Crush cinnamon, cloves and cardamom and keep aside (Do not powder it).
- Grind garlic, fennel seeds, black pepper, red chilly powder and turmeric with vinegar to a smooth paste and keep aside.
- Heat a non-stick pan and sauté sliced onion, ginger and green chilly.
- When onion becomes light golden add ground masala and sauté well.
- In to this add crushed masala and mix well and add chicken pieces and salt to taste.
- Mix well and roast the chicken pieces in the masala until half cooked.
- Now add coconut milk and let it simmer in low heat until chicken pieces are fully cooked and gravy is thick.
- Sprinkle coriander leaves if using.
- Serve with Indian flat bread or pulav or with steamed rice.
Did You Enjoy this Recipe?
Enter your email ID below to get
more such recipes in your inbox