- Clean and remove the skin of mangoes and cut it into small pieces. Add enough salt and keep for 24 hours before making pickle.
- Grind together ginger, garlic, red chilly powder, and turmeric powder using vinegar.
- Heat oil in a pan, add mustard seeds. When they pop up add fenugreek seeds.
- Add the ground masala & curry leaves and sauté well.
- Add vinegar, sugar, Asafetida / kaayam and salt (if needed) and boil.
- Next add the minced mangoes and boil for 3-4 minutes. Cool and store in clean dry bottles.
- You don’t need to store this pickle in a refrigerator as no water is added while making.
- Never put a wet spoon in the pickle bottle. If kept well this pickle will last months at room temperature.
Did You Enjoy this Recipe?
Enter your email ID below to get
more such recipes in your inbox