Hi everybody.... I am back after a 2 month vacation..... Usually I used to schedule a few posts when I go on holidays but this time around I couldn't find time to do so and hence my blog was idle for the last 2 months! I have been away from my blog most of the time..... and could not respond to your comments or queries.... After returning I tried my best to reply to all of you and if I have missed any please let me know..... And thanks a lot to all my readers who have visited this space and to those who liked my FB page too....
We went to Switzerland for 2 weeks and had a great time enjoying the beautiful landscape and mountains in one of the most beautiful countries in this world. Later we went to Kerala. I got a little embarrassed but was also happy when some of you recognized me in the crowd as the person behind this blog and a lot of people discussed with me about the recipes they have tried from my blog.... Thank you so much for giving me that special feeling :):)....
While I was in Kerala I made my first wedding cake for my brother’s wedding. Initially I was planning to make a cake with fondant icing but due to lack of time I decided to do an Ombre Rose cake with butter cream frosting on a three tire cake. I know it was not my best attempt and I could have done it much better. But I am happy at least I made it amid of lot of other responsibilities. My cousin Rima also came to help me and we both spent one whole night to make the cake:)..... Then came the difficult part of storing the cake and transferring it to the venue.... We froze the cake and then my cousin brother transported it to the hall on time.
The cake I made was a vanilla cake from the recipe I found from here. She called this cake as a Fondant Icing Friendly Cake as the cake has a firm body which is perfect for doing fondant icing and also good for tiered cakes. The inside of the cake was really soft and all who tasted it loved it…
Fondant Icing Friendly Cake
1 1/2 cups of butter
2 1/2 cups of granulated sugar
3 cups of all-purpose flour
1 cup of milk
1 teaspoon Almonds Extract / Vanilla Extract or any other flavor you like
3/4 teaspoon of baking powder
1/4 teaspoon of salt
- Butter and flour the edges of round pans, shaking out the excess flour. Line the bottom with a round of parchment.
- Preheat oven to 350°F / 180°C.
- Mix all-purpose flour with baking powder and salt and keep aside.
- Mix the butter and sugar in a mixer bowl until light and fluffy.
- Add the eggs one at a time, keep mixing until all eggs are added.
- Add vanilla essence or almond essence to the mix.
- Add flour mixture alternately with milk, starting and ending with the flour.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pans and bake about 45 minutes or until a wooden skewer comes out clean.
- Cool for ten minutes in the pans. Run a knife around the edges, then turn the cake out onto the rack and let cool completely before you start the icing.
- This recipe makes around 8 cups of batter which will give you two 8″ round cakes.
Buttercream Icing I followed my Ombre Rose Cake’s recipe.
Did You Enjoy this Recipe?
Enter your email ID below to get
more such recipes in your inbox