This chocolate cake I have already posted a long time ago... I used to make this cake regularly and the best part is that it is a one bowl cake and uses oil no butter… it’s a very soft cake and you can frost it with Butter cream or with Whipped cream ....
- Grease and lightly flour two 9 inch baking pans. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl mix flour, sugar, cocoa powder, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Add water, oil, eggs and vanilla. Beat with an electric mixture on low to medium speed till combined. Beat for 2 minutes on medium to high speed. Pour batter into prepared pans.
- Bake in a 350°F /180°C oven for 30-35 minutes or till a wooden toothpick inserted in centers comes out clean. Cool in pans on wire racks for 10 minutes. Remove from pans. Cool completely on wire racks. Arrange the cake in to desired shape and frost the cake with butter icing or fill and frost the cake with whipped cream.
- Beat butter for a few minutes with a mixer with the paddle attachment on medium speed.
- Add 3 cups of powdered sugar and turn your mixer on the lowest speed until the sugar has been incorporated with the butter.
- Increase mixer speed to medium and add vanilla extract, salt, and 2 tablespoons of milk / cream and beat for 3 minutes. If your frosting needs a more stiff consistency, add remaining sugar. If your frosting needs to be thinned out, add remaining milk 1 tablespoons at a time.
- Divide frosting into 2 bowls with the white frosting a little more than the other to frost the top of the cake. Add the desired colour to the other bowl.
- Layer the cakes with a very thin layer of buttercream between each layer.
- Frost the outside of the cake with a thin layer of frosting.
- Prepare a piping bag with Wilton #32 or 1M tip to pipe shells.
- Fill piping bag with the icing and pipe along the bottom of the cake.
- Repeat next one or two rows also with same colour and then change it to white buttercream and frost the remaining rows and top of the cake too.
Did You Enjoy this Recipe?
Enter your email ID below to get
more such recipes in your inbox