Another recipe from my favorite Australian Women's weekly that I tried recently..... I have previously posted two recipes from the same book, White Chocolate Caramel Slice and Banoffee Slice .... This Mocha Mousse Slice is an equally decadent one.... We enjoyed these rich and luscious little chocolate heavens.... They are real easy to make and a good choice for parties as they can be made a day before....
Mocha Mousse Slice
Butter -125 gm (4 oz), chopped coarsely
Dark / Semi sweet chocolate -155gm (5 oz), chopped coarsely
Caster (superfine) Sugar- ⅓ cup (150gm)
Plain (all-purpose flour)- ¾ cup (110gm)
Self - raising flour- ½ cup (75gm)
Cocoa powder - 2 tsp
Instant coffee granules – 2 tsp
Boiling water – 3 tsp
Thickened (Heavy) Cream – 1 cup (250ml)
Milk chocolate – 155gm (5 oz), melted
- Preheat oven to 180°C/350°F. Grease 20cm x 30cm (8” x 12”) rectangular pan; line base and sides with baking paper, extending paper 2” over sides.
- Stir butter and chocolate in medium saucepan over low heat until smooth; cool 10 minutes.
- Stir egg and sugar into chocolate mixture; stir in sifted flours. Spread mixture into pan. Bake about 15 minutes. Cool base in pan.
- Meanwhile, make mocha mousse. Pour mousse over base; refrigerate 3 hours or until set.
- Dust slice with sifted cocoa powder before cutting.
- Dissolve coffee in the boiling water in cup; cool. Beat cream and coffee mixture in small mixture with electric mixer until soft peaks form. Fold in cooled chocolate.
Did You Enjoy this Recipe?
Enter your email ID below to get
more such recipes in your inbox