It’s been a long time since I updated this little space of mine. Helping my son with his studies, few cake orders, summer vacation and laziness are some of the reasons for the absence of regular posts here. Hope to be more regular from now on :) ....
Espresso Panna Cotta was in my draft folder for more than six months. This smooth and silky Espresso panna cotta topped with dark chocolate ganache is very addictive and is a current favourite in our home.
Espresso Panna Cotta
(Recipe Source: Passionate About Baking)
600 ml - low fat cream
100gm (½ cup) - brown sugar
2-3 tsp - Espresso powder (can substitute with instant coffee powder)
120 ml (½ cup) - lukewarm milk
2 tsp - gelatine
Dark chocolate topping
70g dark chocolate
70g (⅓ cup) low fat cream
- Sprinkle gelatine over lukewarm milk and let stand for five minutes.
- Place the cream, espresso/ coffee powder and sugar in a heavy bottom pan and gently bring to a simmer stirring often. Take off from the heat.
- Add 1-2 tbsp of this hot cream to the dissolved gelatine to loosen it further, and then pour the gelatine mix back into the hot cream through a sieve. Stir well.
- Let the mixture stand for about 10 minutes, then distribute among your serving bowls.
- Allow to set for 6-8 hours; preferably overnight.
- Gently heat the chocolate and cream in a heat proof bowl in the microwave or in a double boiler. Cool to room temperature, then pour over the set panna cotta and serve.
Did You Enjoy this Recipe?
Enter your email ID below to get
more such recipes in your inbox