My son loves Chinese dishes and his favorite is Chicken with Green Chillies that I have posted some time back. To keep him diverted from the same chicken dish, I try many other Chinese recipes but most of the time he prefers the same old one! Some time back he found Sanjeev Kapoor’s cook book in his school library from which he copied this Chilly Chicken recipe in his rough book and asked me to make it! Since then this Chilly Chicken has also become one among his favourite dishes :) :)
On another note Cuisine Magazine is New Zealand's best food magazine with features such as quick smart ideas, midweek meals, baking recipes and dinner ideas. You can subscribe to their print or digital magazine from their site, do check it out and I hope you love the recipes!
Coming back to today’s recipe this chilly chicken goes very well with fried rice, Noodles, Chapathi and my son loves it best with Poori!!!
(Recipe Source ~ Sanjeev Kapoor)
Boneless Chicken – 400 gms
Egg – 2
Cornflour – 6 tbsp
Salt to taste
Soya sauce – 2 tbsp
Chilly sauce – 2 tbsp
Onions – 2 medium, cut into thick slices
Garlic – 8-10 cloves
Green Chillies – 6-8, sliced
Capscium – 2 medium, cut into thick slices
Oil – 3 tbsp
Ajinomoto – ¼ tsp (optional)
Peppercorns – 1 tsp
Chicken stock – 2 cups
- Wash, trim and cut boneless chicken pieces into finger sized pieces. Mix egg, 4 tbsp cornflour, salt to taste, 1 tbsp each of soya sauce and chilli sauce into chicken pieces. Leave aside for half an hour.
- Blend remaining cornflour in half a cup of water and keep aside.
- Heat little oil in a wok and deep fry marinated chicken pieces for two minutes. Remove and drain on to a kitchen towel.
- Heat 3 tbsp oil in a wok, add chopped garlic and stir fry briefly. Add onion and sliced green chillies. Continue to stir fry for a couple of minutes.
- Add remaining soya sauce and chilli sauce, ajinomoto, crushed peppercorns, salt to taste and stir in chicken stock. Bring it to a boil and stir in blended cornflour.
- Cook on high heat for a minute or until the sauce starts thicken. Add fried chicken pieces, capsicum, vinegar and cook for a minute on high heat stirring continuously and serve hot.
Did You Enjoy this Recipe?
Enter your email ID below to get
more such recipes in your inbox