Sweet Punch challenge for September was hosted by Ria and this time she selected a savory bake for us. The challenge was to make a Quiche. Instead of making one big Quiche in an 8 inch pan, I used my muffin tin to make Mini quiche. I didn’t add egg in the pastry dough and also reduced the amount of butter to 75gms. I also reduced the amount of milk-cheese- egg mixture as per Nag’s suggestion. Thank you Ria for selecting this recipe!
Golden Onion Quiche
For the pastry:
Unsalted Butter (frozen) -100g (I only used 75g)
Baking powder-1/4 tsp
Beaten egg-1 (I didn’t add egg)
Ice cold water-as required (which will be a few drops)
- Sieve maida, salt and baking powder together.
- Grate in the butter and mix it with the flour with your fingertips till it resembles coarse sand.
- Add in the beaten egg and water and gather it into a soft dough.
- Roll it out on a lightly floured surface and lift it up carefully and line the tin that you will be baking it in. If it breaks up and you need to do a patch work, big deal! It wouldn't be seen outside! ;)
- Whichever tin you are using, make sure the dough comes a little way up the sides, so that it can hold the filling in.
Boiled and shredded chicken-1/2 c (you can substitute it for paneer or other veggies of your choice)
Onion-250 g, chopped
Milk-1 c (I only added ½ cup)
Cheese-100g (cheddar will work fine) (I only added 75gms)
Beaten eggs-3 (I used only 1 egg)
Salt and pepper to taste
Oil- as needed.
- Heat oil and slightly fry the chicken/paneer til it is golden brown.
- Add in the onions and fry till onions have caramelized.
- Switch off the flame.
- Add milk, cheese, beaten eggs, salt and pepper and mix well.
- Pour into the pastry case and bake for 25 mins or till golden brown.
- Let it cool in the tin completely.
- Serve it in wedges.
Did You Enjoy this Recipe?
Enter your email ID below to get
more such recipes in your inbox