Thanks everybody for the lovely comments for my previous post Szechuan Style Vegetable Hakka Noodles.... This Honey Chicken I tried from Finla's place goes very well with Noodles and Fried Rice. We all loved this chicken especially my 6 yr old fussy eater....I hope all of you will also like this mildly sweet chicken...Thank you Finla for this lovely recipe...
Honey Chilly Chicken
Recipe Source~ Finla (Happy Cook’s) My Kitchen Treasures
Chicken breast 500 gm
Salt and pepper
Oil for deep frying
Few spring onions sliced
1 tbsp ginger finely cut
1 tbsp garlic finely cut
1 tbsp honey
2 tsp corn flour
1 tbsp lemon juice
2 tbsp chinese chilly sauce ( more if you like it hot)
Few green chillies sliced ( optional)
2 to 3 tbsp soy sauce ( add according to your taste, not too much as the dish might be too salty)
- Cut chicken into bite size pieces.
- Coat chicken pieces lightly with flour which has been seasoned with salt and pepper
- Deep fry the chicken in batches.
- Now heat a wok add 2 tbsp oil and sauté the onions, ginger, garlic and chillies, for few minutes.
- Add honey, stir for one minute. Add combined corn flour, water, chilly sauce and soy sauce. Stir until sauce boils and thickens.
- Add chicken, toss in sauce for three minutes or until chicken is heated through.
- Add few more sliced spring onions and serve with Noodles or fried rice or even with chapathi.
Note: For a healthier version of this dish omit deep frying the chicken, instead stir fry chicken in a non-stick pan with very little amount of oil.
Did You Enjoy this Recipe?
Enter your email ID below to get
more such recipes in your inbox