Made this easy spicy chicken skewer recently after seeing it at Living Lou’s place. It was so easy to make with only 5 ingredients :)… I grilled mine in my cooking range…. You can either bake in the oven or grill as you wish… Next time when I make this I will thread some capsicum pieces, onion and tomatoes along with the chicken… you can serve this as a starter or as a side dish when you plan a menu… try to include this when you plan your Easter menu :)… by the way if you need ideas to plan your Easter menu please check here :)….
(Featured on Foodbuzz Top 9)
Spicy Chicken Skewers
(Recipe adapted from here and originally from Canadian Living Magazine)
500gms chicken breasts, cut into 1 inch pieces
1/4 cup chilli sauce (I used Sriracha hot chilli sauce)
1 clove garlic, minced
1/2 tsp dried thyme
1/4 tsp each of salt and pepper
- Cut chicken into 1-inch cubes.
- In small bowl, combine chili sauce, garlic, thyme, salt and pepper and marinate chicken pieces in the sauce mix.
- Preheat the grill or oven (190 C / 375F).
- Thread chicken pieces onto skewers and brush leftover sauce over all sides of the chicken.
- Place chicken skewers on a greased grill or on a greased baking sheet.
- Grill both sides until done turning in between (or bake 15 minutes each side, or until chicken is fully cooked).
- Sprinkle with a little lime juice and serve.
On another note, I am really happy on my first ever win on a giveaway on blogsphere :) Woke up late on Saturday morning and was checking my reader and saw Divya’s update and was simply scrolling through the brownie entries and at the end I saw the winner was Swapna of Swapna’s Cuisine! I couldn’t believe I was the winner and I re-checked my entry number and name again and again to confirm :)…Thank you Divya for the lovely surprise!
Did You Enjoy this Recipe?
Enter your email ID below to get
more such recipes in your inbox