3 tablespoons flour
1/2 cup vanilla sugar or regular sugar
500gms apricots, halved & pitted
250gms cherries, pitted
Juice of 1/2 lime
1/2 cup vanilla sugar or brown sugar (I used brown sugar)
1/3 cup flour
1/3 cup rolled oats
4 tablespoons butter, chilled
- First the topping: in a small bowl, combine vanilla sugar, flour and rolled oats. Cut in the butter until crumbly.
- Preheat oven to 190 C.
- In a large bowl, combine flour & sugar; stir in the apricots, cherries & lime juice & toss to coat well. In case the fruits are tart you can adjust the sugar according to taste.
- Divide equally between 8 small ramekins or into a 9” pie dish.
- Sprinkle a couple of tablespoons of topping over each ramekin, pressing down gently to seal the top.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes till the top is light brown & fruit juices are bubbling out. Or about 40 minutes if you are using a single pie dish. Remember to keep a tray underneath to collect juices that will overflow.
- Serve warm or cold. A dollop of unsweetened whipped cream or a scoop of vanilla ice-cream makes this crumble luxurious.
Did You Enjoy this Recipe?
Enter your email ID below to get
more such recipes in your inbox