Found this very refreshing and colorful salad at Soma’s e-curry blog. This slightly sweet and tangy salad can be served as it is or as a side dish with grilled dishes. This can be made ahead of time.
5 Big Carrots, grated
3/4 Cup Golden Raisins
1/3 Cup Almonds / Pine nuts, lightly toasted
3 Clementines / Oranges, Peeled and segments halved
2 tbsp Extra-Virgin Olive Oil
2 tbsp Orange Juice
1tbsp Fresh Lemon Juice
1 tsp Honey
Fresh Mint Leaves
1/2 tsp Cumin Seeds, crushed
1 tsp Paprika
Pinch of Salt
1 tbsp Orange Blossom Water
- Soak the raisins in hot water for 30 minutes, then drain.
- Peel the carrots and grate/shred them. Mix the carrots, oranges, nuts, raisins and mint leaves in a bowl.
- Combine Orange blossom water, lemon juice, orange juice, honey, olive oil, salt, paprika and cumin and whisk well.
- Combine the dressing with the carrots, oranges and other ingredients in the bowl. Cover, and refrigerate for half hour or more to allow the salad to macerate.
- Serve in bowls along with the juice.
Did You Enjoy this Recipe?
Enter your email ID below to get
more such recipes in your inbox