I had referred to my passion fruit wine in some of my earlier posts and many had requested the recipe…. Made this wine about 2 years ago….. I wanted the wine to mature so that I can click the rich and clear picture and I think it’s worth waiting this long :)…. As you all know by now that I love anything which has passion fruit in it and this wine is not an exception! This is one of my favorites :)… if you get your hands on some passion fruit do try this recipe….
Passion Fruit Wine
(Recipe Source: Vanitha)
Passion fruit pulp-1kg (without the white pith)
Sugar-1 to 1 1/2kg (if the passion fruit is very sour use 1 1/2kg or use only 1 kg)
Boiled and cooled water- 3 bottles (750ml bottles)
Yeast-1 tsp (I only used ¼ tsp)
Egg white -1 beat nicely
- Mix passion fruit pulp, sugar, water and yeast.
- Beat egg white well and mix well with above mix.
- Pour this into a clean sterilized bharani / bottle and tie the bottle with a clean cloth or close with lid little loose. Keep aside for 21 days.
- Stir the mixture with a clean wooden spoon every day.
- After 21 days, strain the mixture through a cheese/ muslin cloth.
- Keep the wine in the vessel covered with a clean cloth for 6 hours and again strain the mixture and pour it in to clean dry bottles and use.
Sending this to Kerala Kitchen.
Did You Enjoy this Recipe?
Enter your email ID below to get
more such recipes in your inbox