This is one of the healthiest breads I have ever made.... off course being a health food it is not all that tasty but definitely good once in awhile..... For all those of you who dig health food.... here you go.....
Sprouts and Cereal Bread
(Recipe Source: Vanitha)
Whole wheat flour / Atta -400 gm
Yeast-1 ½ tsp
Oats-2 tbsp, coarsely powdered
Corn-2 tbsp, coarsely powdered
- Mix yeast in 1/4 cup of water and keep aside for 10 minutes till it becomes frothy.
- In a large bowl, mix wheat flour, salt and yeast add enough water and make dough.
- Then add sprouted beans, coarsely powdered oats and corn and knead well to make smooth dough.
- Divide the dough into 250 gm balls and roll each ball into a long rectangle shape.
- Cover with a damp cloth and let rise until it doubles in size.
- To get the thorny effect give several cuts on top of the dough with a scissor.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 200°C for 20 minutes.
- Serve warm.
How to Sprout Beans
- Wash beans well and soak in water overnight.
- Next morning drain all the water from the beans.
- Wet a cheese cloth or a muslin cloth, place soaked beans in the cloth and gently tie sides of the cloth and keep it in a covered container.
- Leave the Beans for 2 days checking on them occasionally. If the cloth seems to have dried up, lightly sprinkle water on it to re-moisten it.
- Within 2 days, the sprouts will appear. Rinse the sprouts and use.
Did You Enjoy this Recipe?
Enter your email ID below to get
more such recipes in your inbox