When Maria posted this recipe for Ultra Moist Chocolate Cake; she said she had waited 6 years to get this recipe. And her pics and descriptions were so tempting I really wanted to make this before I leave for my vacation and I got the perfect reason to finish off the left over butter :). Made this over the weekend and no wonder the amount of butter and oil that went into this cake made it extremely moist and tasty!!! I didn’t do the icing and this is a perfect cake to serve with a scoop of ice cream!
Cocoa Powder – 1/2 cup
Self Raising Flour – 1 cup
Egg – 1 beaten, room temp
Baking Soda – 1/2 tsp
For cupcakes: Line your cupcake tin with paper liners pour 3 tbsp of batter in each case.
For cake: Grease your cake tin well & line with parchment/baking paper. Pour the batter.
Substitution for self raising flour ~ to get 1 cup self-raising flour, add 1 1/2 tsp baking powder+ 1/4 tsp salt to 1 cup all purpose flour.
Whipping cream – 1/2 cup
Baking chocolate – 3/4 cup
- Place the baking chocolate/ chocolate chips in a bowl.
- Heat the whipping cream on low flame till small bubbles start appearing around the edges.
- Pour the heated cream to the bowl with choc chips. Let it rest for 5 mins.
- Whisk it using a manual whisk. This will give you a liquid consistency ganache. If you want to thicken the ganache for spreading, place the bowl on some ice & whip it. It will start thickening.
- Spread the ganache on cooled cupcakes/cake.
Did You Enjoy this Recipe?
Enter your email ID below to get
more such recipes in your inbox