Recently when I bought a packet of blueberries & raspberries I made these muffins. These moist and soft muffins were really delicious with the flavorful bursts of berries in every bite. These are really quick to make… you only need two bowls and a spatula to mix everything together and your delicious muffins will be ready in less than 45 minutes… You can even bake these with frozen berries too…. If using frozen berries do not thaw the berries… Always remember not to over mix the batter when making muffins.. These muffins are delicious when served warm out of the oven…..
Buttermilk Berry Muffins
(Recipe Source: Joy of Baking)
All-purpose flour/ Maida – 2 ½ cups (325 gms)
Granulated white sugar – ¾ cup (150 gms)
Baking powder – 2tsp
Baking Soda – ½ tsp
Salt -1/4 tsp
Zest of one Orange or Lemon
1 large egg, lightly beaten
Buttermilk - 1cup (240 ml)
Sunflower Oil - 1/2 cup (120 ml)
Vanilla Essence - 1tsp
Fresh or frozen berries (blueberries, raspberries, or blackberries) – 1 ½ to 2 cups (360-480 ml)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Position rack in center of oven. Line with paper liners, or butter or spray, with a non stick cooking spray, 12 - 2 3/4 x 1 1/2 inch muffin cups.
- In a large measuring cup or bowl whisk together the egg, buttermilk, oil, and vanilla extract.
- In another large bowl combine the flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and zest. Gently fold in the berries. With a rubber spatula fold the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and stir only until the ingredients are combined. Do not over mix the batter or tough muffins will result.
- Fill each muffin cup almost full with batter, using two spoons or an ice cream scoop. Place in the oven and bake until a toothpick inserted in the center of a muffin comes out clean, about 20 - 25 minutes. Transfer to a wire rack and let cool for about 5 - 10 minutes before removing from pan.
- Makes 12 regular sized muffins.
Did You Enjoy this Recipe?
Enter your email ID below to get
more such recipes in your inbox