Hope you all had a lovely holiday..... During this holiday season I baked a couple of cookies and this Iced Cherry Rings was one of them..... The recipe is from The Big Book of Baking which I won from Divya’s blog..... It is a good book with lot of recipes..... These buttery cookies studded with glazed cherries and lemon glaze were a perfect holiday treat :)......
(Makes about 18)
115 gm / 4 oz/ ½ cup unsalted butter, plus extra for greasing
85gm / 3 oz / 1/3 cup golden caster sugar
1 egg yolk
Finely grated rind of ½ lemon
200gm / 7 oz plain flour, plus extra for dusting
55 gm/ 2 oz glace cherries, finely chopped
85gm / 3 oz icing sugar
1 ½ tbsp lemon juice
- Preheat the oven to 200 C° / 400F°. Lightly grease two baking trays.
- Cream together the butter and caster sugar until pale and fluffy.
- Beat in the egg yolk and lemon rind.
- Sift in the flour, stir, then add glace cherries, mixing with your hand to a soft dough.
- Roll out the dough on a lightly floured surface to about 5mm/1/2 inch thick.
- Stamp out 8cm/ 3 ½ inch rounds with a biscuit cutter. Stamp out the centre of each with a 2.5com/ 1 inch cutter and place the rings on the prepared baking trays,
- Re-roll any trimmings and cut more biscuits.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 12-15 minutes, until firm and golden brown.
- Allow to cool on the baking trays for 2 minutes, then transfer to a wire rack to finish cooling.
Did You Enjoy this Recipe?
Enter your email ID below to get
more such recipes in your inbox