It’s been a long time my blog was on a sleep mode..... Took a small break and it got extended for more time than I indented.... It’s hard to come back to regular blogging after taking a break and I will try to post regularly from now on :).... These cupcakes have been in my draft for more than a year now. I made it for our Church’s harvest festival and somehow couldn't post it. The cupcake recipe was already posted some time back with a frosting of Swiss Meringue ButterCream, But this time I decorated it with American Butter Cream Frosting..... You can use homemade dulce de leche or store bought in the recipe....
Caramel Cupcakes (Dulce de Leche Cupcakes) with Buttercream Frosting
3 cups all-purpose flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
¼ teaspoon baking soda
¾ cup / 12 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
1⅓ cup granulated sugar
¾ teaspoon salt
½ cup dulce deleche
4 large eggs, at room temperature
¼ cup canola oil
2 teaspoon vanilla extract
¾ cup buttermilk, room temperature
Vanilla Buttercream Frosting, (recipe below)
- Preheat the oven to 350°F / 180 ° C. Line 24 muffin pans with paper cups.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flours, baking powder, and baking soda.
- In a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, beat the butter, sugar, and salt on medium speed until light and fluffy, about 2 minutes, scraping down the sides of the bowl as necessary. With the mixer running, gradually add the dulce de leche; beat another minute, until thoroughly incorporated. Add the eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition, then mix in the oil and vanilla.
- Reduce the mixer speed to low; add the dry ingredients in three additions, alternating with the buttermilk and ending with the dry ingredients. Beat each addition just until incorporated.
- Divide the batter between the prepared muffin cups, filling each cup about two-thirds full. Bake for 16-20 minutes, until a toothpick inserted into the center of a cupcake comes out clean. Transfer the pan to a wire rack to cool. Remove the cupcakes from the pan after 5 minutes. Cool completely before frosting.
Vanilla Buttercream Frosting
1 cup unsalted butter (2 sticks or 1/2 pound), Softened (but not melted)
3-4 cups confectioners' (powdered) sugar, sifted
A small pinch of salt
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
up to 4 tablespoons milk or heavy cream
- Beat butter for a few minutes with a mixer with the paddle attachment on medium speed.
- Add 3 cups of powdered sugar and turn your mixer on the lowest speed until the sugar has been incorporated with the butter.
- Increase mixer speed to medium and add vanilla extract, salt, and 2 tablespoons of milk / cream and beat for 3 minutes.
- If your frosting needs a more stiff consistency, add remaining sugar. If your frosting needs to be thinned out, add remaining milk 1 tablespoons at a time.
Did You Enjoy this Recipe?
Enter your email ID below to get
more such recipes in your inbox