My Pickling bug continues and this time its Pork Pickle :) :) Recently while emptying my freezer I found a packet of pork and thought of pickling it. I followed the chicken pickle recipe with slight changes. Worth the trial and we loved it. I highly recommend to use boneless pork pieces without the fat and increase or decrease the oil according to the pork pieces you use. Like I say in all my pickle recipe posts, you can keep pickle at room temperature, if you avoid adding water while preparing it. Always remember to use a clean sterilized dry bottle to store the pickle and always use a dry spoon to take the pickle.
Pork Pickle Recipe / Panniyearchi Achar
Boneless Pork without fat - 500 gms
Ginger - 2 tbsp, chopped
Garlic - 2 tbsp, chopped
Curry Leaves – 2 sprigs
Salt to taste
Kashmiri Red chilly powder – 3 tbsp
Turmeric powder – 1 tsp
Asafoetida powder / Kaayam – 1 tsp
Fenugreek powder / Uluva podi - 1 tsp
Garam masala – 1 ½ tsp
Sugar – 1 tsp
Vinegar - ½ to 1 cup
Gingelly oil / Sesame Oil / Nallenna – ¾ cup
- Wash, clean and drain pork pieces. Add salt, turmeric powder and pepper powder and let marinate the pork for 1 hour.
- Heat oil in a pan, splutter the mustard seeds. Then add ginger, garlic and curry leaves and sauté well until golden brown.
- Add the marinated pork and fry till the pork pieces are light brown in colour.
- Lower the flame and add the powders and mix well till the raw smell goes.
- Add vinegar to taste and cook on low flame till the pork is cooked and the gravy is thick.
- Sprinkle sugar and check for salt and turn off the heat.
- Once the pickle is cooled transfer it to a clean dry bottle and use.
Did You Enjoy this Recipe?
Enter your email ID below to get
more such recipes in your inbox