After my Ginger Wine post, I got requests for wine recipes that don’t require yeast as some folks are intolerant to yeast….Then I realized I had never posted my Grape wine recipe that doesn’t require yeast. I got this recipe from my mom’s sister and recently when I got hold of some dark grapes I made this wine. Always remember to select the best grapes for this wine and all the utensils used should be dry. So here I am ringing in the New Year with one of the best Homemade Grape Wine recipes I have...…
Black Grapes -1kg
Sugar - 1.25 kg
Water - 4 liter
Cloves - 20 nos.
- Boil the water and keep aside to cool.
- Separate grapes from its stalks and wash the grapes well.
- Wipe water from each grape very well with a clean cloth or kitchen towel.
- In a big bharani / bottle add sugar and grapes; mash it very well with hand or potato masher.
- Then add boiled and cooled water, stir well.
- Tie the bottle with a clean cloth or close with lid little loose.
- Stir this mixture every day for some time.
- After 14 days, mash the grapes once again & strain through a cheese/ muslin cloth.
- If the wine tastes sweeter you can add a little more boiled and cooled water to it.
- Crush 20 cloves a little and tie this in a small piece of clean cloth.
- Pour the wine in to a clean dry bottle.
- Add 1 table spoon Vanilla Essence & cloves pouch in it.
- Keep this again for 30 days untouched. After 30 days strain the wine again, bottle and use.
All the utensils & bottle should be clean & dry. If there is water the wine will become sour.
Don't fill the bottle to the brink. Always leave 1/4 bottle empty.
Wishing you all a New Year filled with new hope, new joy and new beginnings!!!
Did You Enjoy this Recipe?
Enter your email ID below to get
more such recipes in your inbox