This potato curry is made with the same gravy recipe of my Paneer Tomato Curry from my previous post. This simple curry goes well with Indian flat breads and pulao.
Aloo Tamatar Subzi / Potato in Tomato Gravy
Aloo / Potatoes – 250 gm, cut into cubes
Onion – 1 big
Ginger – 2 x I” piece
Garlic – 4 cloves
Green Chilly -2
Tomatoes – 2, medium, chopped fine
Tomato ketchup -1 tbsp
Chilly Powder – 1 1/2 to 2 tsp
Turmeric powder- 1/2 tsp
Salt to taste
Oil as needed
Coriander leaves - 2 tbsp, chopped
Cinnamon powder – ½ - ¾ tsp
- Cut potatoes in to 1” cubes.
- Grind together onion, ginger, garlic and green chilly to a smooth paste and keep aside.
- Heat little oil in a non stick pan and shallow fry potato pieces till all the sides are light brown, drain and keep aside.
- Into this pan add ground onion mixture and sauté till golden brown.
- Add chilly powder and turmeric powder and sauté, then add chopped tomatoes and sauté till oil separates.
- Add tomato ketchup, salt and two cups of boiling water. When the mixture starts boiling add fried potato pieces and cook till the gravy becomes thick.
- Finally add cinnamon powder and coriander leaves, stir well and remove from fire.
- Serve hot with Indian bread or rice.
Did You Enjoy this Recipe?
Enter your email ID below to get
more such recipes in your inbox